The OLT 38B Overhead Line Tensioner is designed to install single conductor. The bullwheels are offset as per IEEE specifications to prevent unnecessary twisting of the conductor during installation. The bullwheels are outfitted with replaceable Diameter Molded segments. Molding of the segments in this manor eliminates the gaps between segments and creates a smooth cable surface. 24″ disc brakes, with centralized braking controls at the operator station allow for precise tensioning of the conductor.
The reel cargo area allows for the carrying of a reel 90″ in diameter and 52″ wide at a maximum weight of 8,000 lbs. A hydraulically actuated 16″ overspin brake is also included as well as a urethane roller fairlead for guiding the cable to the bullwheels.
- Multi Groove Bullwheels
- Rated at: 3000 lbs
- Jackstands: Manual
- Unit Length: 20′ 8”, Width: 96”
- Tandem Leaf Spring Axles
- Electric Brakes
- LED Light Package
- 14,000 lbs GAWR
- 235/85/16 14 ply tires
- Diameter (With lining): 38”
- Lining: (3) Urethane Diameter Molded
- Groove diameter: 1.5”
- Braking: (2) 1-3/8″ Thick Discs
- Brake Material: Stainless Steel
- Diameter: 24”
- Braking Mechanism: Hydraulic
- Actuator: Single Screw Rotary Adjustment
Reel Carrier Specifications
- Reel Capacity: 8,000 lbs.
- Maximum Reel Width: 56”
- Maximum Reel Diameter: 90”
- Anti-Overspin Brake: 16” Bronze
- Manual Retriever for Reel
- Hydraulic Reel Retriever
- Hydraulic Reel Retriever (Tool Circuit)
- ABS Air Brakes
- Hydraulic Outriggers (2) Rear
- Hydraulic Tongue Jack (1) Front
- Hydraulic Outriggers Complete (3)
- Spare Tire & Wheel
- 13HP Power Pack
- Operator Station Seat
Product Datasheet(s)[wpmem_logged_out] You must be logged in to download product datasheets. Please either login or create an account.
[/wpmem_logged_out] [wpmem_logged_in] Download this and other product datasheets below.
Download Product Datasheets (PDF)